Friday, April 08, 2011

Kayak Tuesday 4-5-11

P4050008

It was a nice day on the water. What else can I say. The day was much like other Tuesdays but without any biters. I caught one beautiful little greenie (mackerel) which I quickly pinned on a hook and trolled around for 3 hours without a single hit. It was still alive when I took it off the hook. I also fished dead squid with the same results.

The interesting part of the day was the bait and bird action. I spent most the day within a square mile area of jumping bait - which looked like anchovies. Areas of bait would jump across the surface of the water sounding like rain showers all around me. Then the birds would chase the jumpers screeching as they dove for the bait. Interesting to watch.

I had a chance to try my new (larger) rudder and turbo fins that Tim installed for me last week. What a difference they make. Now I can turn on a dime and travel faster with less work. Sweet!

P4050002P4050003Kayak Fishing 4.5.11

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home