Saturday, September 19, 2015

Kayak Wednesday

This week Jim, Tim, Jack and I skipped the bait receiver preferring to make our own bait.  I managed one mackerel but Jack shared a couple with me. 

We tried the pipeline then the barber poles and Jack and I went quite a bit further to deep waters - 600 feet deep.  I had hoped there would be an up welling bringing fish from the deep.  Unfortunately that was not the case.


High tide was at 11 a.m.  Little to nothing on the meter until 11:30 then the bait showed up.  I lost my 3 mackerel to bonita quickly so I put on a Fish Trap and caught a 15 inch calico.  He bit off the tail so I pinned on a chartreuse frog.  That worked just as well but the sand bass took my plastic.  Fishing was great!  Every time the bait came through we caught a bass. 










Great Day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home