Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Kayak Fishing 7-7-15

Jack, Wayne, Mike and I decided to fish the pipeline.  We picked up a load of big sardines before leaving the harbor.  It took half an hour or more to get there due to the southwest wind and choppy seas.  We fished dropper loops and sliding sinkers but with the fast drift, we were fishing the entire water column.


We fished hard but the fish just were not biting.  The wind increased the chop as the morning pressed on.  With no fish biting and rough seas, I decided to head to the beach to fish.  When I got there around 11 am, the beach was rough too and the wind just kept pushing me into the breakwater.  At that point, Mike and I went inside the harbor to fish for a while before calling it a day.  Another flat zero for me but I loved the time on the water and I got 5.5 miles of exercise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home