Monday, January 19, 2009

In Between Trips-There's Sushi!

SAMURAI - We eat Sushi at Samurai (which is close to home). Moon is the sushi chef and Sasha is our waitress. Sasha teasingly refers to the sushi chef as “Half-Moon.” Samurai recently opened and their sushi is reasonably priced.


Moon (or Half Moon)


Sushi at Samurai

Samurai Sushi
(949) 837-6798
27230 La Paz RdMission Viejo, CA 92692


KOTOBUKI - Our favorite place for sushi is Kotobuki where the owner and sushi chef is Hiro. We dine Omakase which ends up being quite expensive but “awesome” as well. We usually have dinner at Kotobuki on the days I return from long fishing trips.

Kotobuki Japanese Restaurant
24351 Avenida De La Carlota, Laguna Hills, CA Tel: (949) 587-0290

SHIMURA - Once a year we dine at Shimura as guests of Shig and Yuko Kondo. Shig owned the charter boat where I learned to fish. Shig taught me much about fishing and preparing fish. When he sold his boat and quit fishing, I started bringing him fresh fish from my trips. His “thank you” is to treat us to sushi at Shimura each year. Shimura is owned by Shig’s friend and sushi chef, Nao. Nao always prepares something unusual for us and this year it was a live sculpin and a live sea urchin. They were still moving while we ate them. Check out the short video of the sculpin’s tail movements.


Yuko and Shig Kondo



Naosan moving too fast to capture his photo.


Naosan


Sea Urchin



Sculpin Tail & Sashimi


Shimura Restaurant
(714) 964-8840
18906 Brookhurst St, Fountain Valley, CA 92708


HOMEMADE SUSHI - And then there is my screen saver on my computer which depicts one of my own sushi spreads after a successful fishing trip.


My Screen Saver Or Pecheuse's Party Platter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home