Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Kayak Fishing 9/16/17

September 16th I joined Fishing with Friends tournament out of Dana Point Kayak Center.  Jack and I launched at 7:30.  I brought squid for us and Jack bought bait - sardines.  We checked out the beach first (dirty water) so we headed out to the barber poles.  It was overcast but nice and calm on the water.

I fished squid on 20# and caught 4 mackerel, a whitefish and a calico bass.  While fishing around the second barber pole, a guy in a skiff with his girlfriend decided to cuss out Jack because we were in the vicinity he was fishing.  We never came within 300 yards of him and never behind in his chum line (if he had one).  It was karma that he couldn't start his skiff again and last I saw, he was drifting south towards San Clemente.




We came in around 1 pm and cleaned up our gear.  Jackson BBQ'd chicken and made potato salad for the pot luck.  I brought P
almiers.  Winning fish was a 23 inch halibut caught by Keith.  Congrats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home